Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week 7 Pieces

I threw these last week. I was very happy that I was able to throw a nesting set. Was also trying out a new clay -- white stoneware. Don't know if I like it though -- it doesn't hold the shape as well as the red stoneware. The bowl on the right is made with white stoneware. Notice that the curve at the base (the bell shape) is not as pronounced? I have more of the white stoneware and will continue to try them out this week. Also, I've learned to trim the foot on my pieces so now all of my pieces, essentially, takes longer to complete because I have to let the pieces dry for about a week and then trim off the base to form a nice looking foot. The foot "design" is a whole different spectrum of knowledge and asthetic. More to learn. This week is Week 8 and the final week for the summer class. I will have two weeks off and then resume class in September. Yay!




Peek-a-boo, I see you!

No comments: