Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Let there be lights

The lights are in and it took all day Monday to install -- no, I didn't do it -- the lighting designer did. I must say, the lights are beautiful. There is now multiple layers of lights. Got new track lighting for that kitchen that really ligths up the cabinets, provide task lighting and also addresses the general lighting in the kitchen. The LED undercabinet lights are gorgeous and really bright and add another layer to the lighting scheme. I was surprised by how bright the LEDs were. The three glass pendants over the island are artisan glass and hand made and are pieces of art in their own right. They are beautiful even when not turned on.



The dining room got updated track heads and a new drum pendant over the dining table. Very classy in a black linen finish and a white diffuser. An unexpected outcome of all this is that I got updated wall swiches too. They are nice but I am not sure if I am going to spend the money to have all the switches in the house updated. Something to consider for the future -- far into the future.

No comments: