Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ahhh . . . run for the hills

So, yeah, it's a done deal. The contract is signed -- I am legally bonded to pay for the work done. I even gave the general contractor a project plan so she will know my expectation explicitly -- should have done a Statement of Work too! LOL.

On the one hand, I am excited about getting a nice new kitchen (no appliances yet but maybe next year) but on the other hand, I am worried about spending so much money in this economy. And yet, I am considering getting new lights for the kitchen as well. And you know how one thing leads to another and now I am thinking perhaps a new rug and a new dining table???? Yes, I am a VERY complicated man and I sometimes don't know how I process/justify stuff. Any how, one thing I am certain is that all these other "stuff" can be purchased piece-meal and does not need to all come at the same time -- space out the spending a little bit. So . . . work starts Monday. I am in the process of moving things out of the way AND decluttering. Wish me luck!

No comments: