Saturday, July 17, 2010

Should I or Shouldn't I?

LillStreet -- where I go to practice my pottery skills -- is having a Members Show and Sale in October.  Members are encouraged to submit two pieces of their work for selection and also write a short paragraph about their PROCESS -- do I have a process????  Well, closing date is July 30th and members' work who are selected will be informed in mid August.  I am debating whether I should submit my work for the selection process.  On the one hand, I am not sure if I am ready/good enough (translation: fear of rejection).  On the other hand, I think it'll be a good experience (espeically if they provide some sort of critique of why the work was not selected but I doubt that is possible/feasible).  Not to mention, if your work is selected, that your pieces will be shown in the gallery and be available for sale.  It's always nice to be able to supplement your hobby with some income from said hobby!

Well, I have thirdteen more days to decide.  I am already quite sure which pieces I would submit to the jury if I choose to participate.  Hmmm . . . should I or shouldn't I??????

2 comments:

Chrisy in Chicago said...

Come on Nixon - this is a no brainer!! Of course you should!!

Nixon K said...

Hey, Chrisy in Chicago, thanks for the encouragement. Now, it means the most difficult part of all -- actually having to write a statement!!!