Monday, May 24, 2010

Hiatus Apologies

Sorry -- I know I seemed to have disappeared for a while.  Work has been really crazy and I have been travelling almost weekly for work -- going to New York, Orlando, Atlanta, Toronto, etc.  I am still throwing and making pots but haven't had the time to take pictures and post notes.

I finally took some time to take pictures of the finished pieces last night.  Last night was a smothering, sweltering, thick night in Chicago.  The hottest day of the year so far -- official temperature was 88 degrees F for a hight but the thermometer in the car read 95.

Anyway, I've decided to try something new and made a slideshow with the pictures I've taken as opposed to the usual picture with commentaries. This time around, I am taking a Soda class and so there's not so much intricate glaze work on the surface.  Soda firing, for me, is about letting the texture on the surface of the pot interact with the fire in the kiln and the soda vapor that is introduced into the kiln when the kiln temprature hits cone 10.

Let me know what you think -- about the new method of presentation and the pots.



PS -- if you can't see the slideshow in Facebook, go here.

No comments: