Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More New Work

This term, the firing schedule is a little off.  Maybe it is me?  I don't know.  I had five bowls that were made in January that I just got back last week and are waiting to be glaze fired now.  In any case, the pieces are not coming back as quickly as in the past.  These are the most recent three pieces that I got back.

This little vase (about 3.5 inches tall) is part of a series of littel vases that I am trying to make this term.  They are all glazed in Yellow Salt over Temoku.


This is essentially a blown-out cyclinder.  Throw a cycliner, blow out the belly and then dimple in the side and attach a spot.  I glazed the spout in Cohen Red and the body was galzed in Celadon.  Love the crackling effect of Celadon.


This was done in pretty much the same way as the piece above but the spout was actually pulled from the body and not attached.  Also, where the wall was pushed in, I actually cut a hole in it.  Same glaze combination as above but I added Yellow Salt to the rim of the pitcher but see how it ran down almost the entire side of the piece.  Love it!  I really want to call this piece "Bloody Rooster".

In the words of Simon Leach -- Keep Practicing!

No comments: