Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Absent

Sorry I have been absent. I took the holiday off from pottery to visit my family in Singapore. I did make one piece -- handbuilt, if you can believe that. Had it glazed and ready for firing but it kamikaze dived off the cart while the cart was making its journey to the kiln. I salvaged the broken pieces and made it an "artistic" piece. Hope to get it back this week and see how it looks. I am back at LillStreet and signed up again for the Beginner Wheel class with Catherine Tweedie. This time around, I am focusing on making bowls and bottles. All different shapes and sizes. I will probably be making a few plates (special requests) as well and have come up with new ways to glaze my pieces. Looking forward to showing you the results. The first batch should be coming out pretty soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pictures next week. Have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You asked about how I carve the ridges into my pots. I took a regular trim tool with a loop on one end and the square edge on another and put the loop end into a vice clamp and made the loop end smaller. Then, I map out where to carve and carve each individual groove. Takes time. I was inspired by Cynthia Bringle, Dan Finch and Ben Owen III.