Sunday, October 18, 2009

Much Delay

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while -- the kiln schedule is sort of crazy at the studio. There's been a couple of missed firing because there wasn't enough pieces to fire. Anyway, everyone is producing like crazy now so hopefully things will even out a little. I just glazed 7 pieces yesterday, five pieces should be coming out of the bisque kiln today and I have three pieces sitting on the shelf waiting to be bisque fired.

Anyway, the two pieces below are the final of the final from the last term. One is a Jeff Campana inspired piece where I incised (Jeff actually cuts through his pieces) the exterior when the piece was leather hard and then I glazed the piece in Aviva Blue and Josh Blue. I would say it is probably one of my favorite piece.





This last piece is a plate that was thrown on the wheel and then I glazed the outside in Matt Black and the inside with Red Iron and a drizzle of Aviva Blue around the edge.



Ok --that's it then -- no more stuff from the last class. The next time it will be things from the new class and hopefully, you'll see an improvement in the pieces that I make.

No comments: